Thursday 15 March 2012

Why not to meet the parents

I'm not saying that you should never meet your boyfriends parents, in fact i think it can be a brilliant bonding experience, not necessarily the other way round as girls parents can be very protective but a boyfriends parents always seem to be welcoming to a girlfriend. The problem is when you break up.

I think if you are under twenty years old, its not likely that you will marry the guy and a break up will likely happen. When i first got together with my ex boyfriend i used to go to his house nearly all the time, and of course because of this i would see his parents a lot. They are really nice, i liked them straight away. Then his birthday came around and his dad asked me if i wanted to go out to dinner with them, and before that he would have a driving experience. I was really excited to spend time with them as part of the family, and whilst he was driving i spent two hours getting to know his parent. We talked about so much, and they even joked about getting him to but me an expensive birthday present. Afterwards we went out to dinner and the night ended very sweetly with him falling asleep on my shoulder.

Fast forward a month and he had broken up with me. The breakup was hard but I'm finally starting to get over him, the thing is his sister is a good friend of mine, so i still see his parents a lot, and every time they smile at me, and wave through the window of their car when they see me walking. Its really hard to respect the fact everything is over and then smile at his parents and listen to their stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment