Wednesday 1 February 2012

When life gives you lemons... Make orange juice!


Some people are so predictable. When things happen they take the easy option, do what they think they should do and I don’t think people should.

Some people are followers, when there is a new fashion trend they will take to it straight away, and the problem with this is everyone ends up looking the same, being the same acting the same. The thing about that is when someone does step up and decide they don’t want to be like everyone else, that they want to be different then they are frowned upon, seen as weird and labelled.

We also have the leaders. These are the people who normally start the trends that everyone follows, and they end up acting over the top because in their minds, they are popular. This means they almost have a control over their followers, and quite often as their popularity rises they become more and more harsh with people, and putting down people who don’t live up to their standards.

This is the world we now live in, and I really don’t think it is fair on anyone. You see the leaders normally get the confidence to do what they do from an experience in life that has shown them that they have to stand up for themselves, something really hard. The followers then lose their individuality as they try to fit in with everyone else and the people who don’t conform are picked on and often feel really bad and down.

I’m not saying it’s easy, I fit in with all of these groups, I don’t follow the big trend with everyone else in my school but I do work hard to make sure I fit in with the group of people I hang around with, even though I don’t need to because everyone in my group is part of the individual people who don’t conform. I have had a few knocks in my life so I don’t let people put me down, and when I need to I will stand up for myself, even when I know it is mean and wrong.

The big difference is the people I hang around with don’t have expectations, and neither do I, I may work hard to fit in, but I don’t need to, and if everyone was like this, then everyone could maybe be happy. When everyone else is following trends do the unexpected. When everyone else is making lemonade, you should make orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment