Monday 20 February 2012

My Heart

Here is a little piece of writing about my heart.

A few years ago we were so young, so happy,

Then I ended it all, something had changed,

A year later, just a few months ago,

I realised what, it was my heart.


Maybe I wasn’t ready, for what I felt,

Maybe I didn’t realise what I had,

But I let you go,

And I wanted you back.


So I watched for a while, tried to understand,

You were different to how I remembered,

But in some ways the same,

My heart had changed back.


Then the day came you told me you felt the same,

Our reunion was amazing, like no time had passed,

Only my feelings were stronger,

But yours had faded.


The whole time I could see that change in you,

You cared so much less,

Yet I still felt for you,

I was too scared to lose you.


Then the day came when you ended it all,

I understood your pain those two years ago,

My blood ran cold, my emotions gone,

I missed you already.


I sat around and watched you move on,

The pain stabbed my heart,

I couldn’t move on,

Maybe I could if I knew why.


Now I do my best for us to stay friends,

It’s hard to be around you,

But I can’t risk losing you,

Not completely.


Then my heart warms again from a very strange source,

Someone I wouldn’t have looked at twice before,

A flirt here and there,

And my heart starts to mend, again.


I know what I had before wasn’t love,

And neither is what I have now,

But it could be one day,

When I finally understand my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment