Saturday 25 February 2012

Writing a Book


I think writing a book is one of those things that everyone attempts at some point in their life. Not necessarily in a serious way, a book that they plan to be published and be read by thousands of people, but just something that we do for ourselves, to help us to understand the strange little ideas that we have, and see if maybe it is something we could do.

I have found that writing is not really my strong point. I mean I do enjoy writing blogs, but I wouldn’t say it is something I’m great at, or have a natural talent for. When it comes to writing a book, when I was younger I tried many times, I wrote short stories and the beginnings of so many books, but I have never had the writer’s talent, or the motivation to get further than the third chapter.

It’s not that I can’t write anymore, it’s that I lose confidence in what I am writing, and as I read it back I find it’s no longer interesting me, so how can it interest a reader. When I read the first chapter back I include description and complicated plots and shocking twists, but I struggle to keep a story interesting, which is why I stick to short pieces of writing!

The point to this blog? I have found a book plot that I really like, and that I know could make a great book so I’m going to try and stick at it and see if I can produce something I’m proud of, and I’m not really sure how but I figured it’s a story that other people could find the morel of.

No comments:

Post a Comment